Customer Research Lead (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 12.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a User Research Lead for our HQ in Berlin, with a focus on improving our user research process and outcomes.
For us, research is more than just usability testing. It's about putting the customer at the forefront along every step of the development cycle, from ideation to post-launch efforts. You’ll be leading the professionalization of our user research process and make it an integral part of our product development processes.
About your new role:
You'll be in charge of improving our company-wide customer feedback process to deliver useful insights.
- You'll be responsible for building up a process which ensure for a consistent inflow of customer research from our target personas (e.g. via weekly testing/research sessions in the office).
- You'll be in charge of finding the right way to facilitate getting consistent customer feedback pre- and post feature launch.
- You'll be in charge of developing methodologies together with the teams to prioritise customer feedback.
Evaluative & generative Research
You'll be leading the research into new (potential) target personas and also into new (potential) target markets.
- You'll be responsible to build up processes which are scalable for a product being live in multiple countries.
- You'll be conducting usability testing sessions by yourself and also in collaboration with other team members.
- You'll be working closely together with product teams on confirming their hypotheses.
- You'll be maintaining & improving our existing Personas.
Leadership & Hiring
Leading & mentoring of team members who are interested in user research and want to make it part of their day-to-day processes.
- You'll be in charge of assembling a team of user researchers who can work along-side product & design teams.
- You will be responsible for educating the company on the need to always document customer feedback, no matter from whom, no matter from which channel.
- You'll be building up guides & manuals for new joiners & existing employees on customer feedback & research.
- Close collaboration with our Product & Design teams to enable them to improve their user research methods.
- Close collaboration with our CRM team to involve User Research best-practices in their daily interactions with customers.
- Close collaboration with our Sales team to involve User Research best-practices in the pre-sales process.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
- You have a proven track-record as a user research lead while having built & scaled a customer research team in the past.
- You have successfully created & implemented user research principles.
- You can easily move between high-level concepts and hands-on ground work in the early days of this new team.
- You have proven that you are able to transfer knowledge within a scaling organisation in a structured manner.
- You are data-driven and use data from various sources on a day-to-day basis to improve our internal processes.
- You are skilled in operating in an agile environment and adopt agile best-practices for your work as a customer research lead.
- You have worked in a setup where you were involved in setting up or improving a customer research practice covering research across multiple countries.
- You have experience in dealing with SMEs and understand that their needs in many cases substantially differentiate from retail customers.
- You are fluent in English and German
- As we have offices in three locations, frequent travelling will be part of this role.
What you can expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the FinLeap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.