Head of Platform Engineering
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 17.000 businesses across Germany and Italy use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
Be part of our journey to become Europe's most wanted business bank account!
Penta is now looking for a strong Head of Platform Engineering to lead our Platform team. This role can be based in Belgrade or Berlin. The main platform team is located in Belgrade.
The Penta Platform team is an essential part of the Penta Tech organisation, and owns the cloud infrastructure and operations, as well as monitoring, metrics, and supporting the different Product Development teams.
The Platform team is responsible for provisioning multiple platforms running Kubernetes automated with Terraform, monitoring them with OpsGenie and Prometheus and building and supporting various tools and services for the rest of the organisation. Since we’re running a banking operation, we’re strongly focussed on security and strive to establish a true DevSecOps way of working. The Head of Platform will also work closely with the Head of Tech Security.
About your new role:
- You will architect, design, and at times even develop parts of our core infrastructure
- Join the Penta’s engineering leadership team to lead the Engineering in the organization.
- Member of the Tech Architecture Workgroup
- Lead a team of highly motivated Ops engineers, software engineers to build and maintain a secure and robust infrastructure
- Extensive stakeholder management across Penta’s tech and business areas.
- Establish and enforce Penta’s DevOps / DevSecOps culture by working together with development teams and security professionals to ensure product quality and developer effectiveness
- Owner of the Tech Situation room and Incident Management
- Bring technical knowledge and experience on a broad range of topics like Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, gitlab etc.
- Work collaboratively across a distributed engineering organization, care about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- Ability to travel to our other sites on a regular basis
What we expect from you:
- 7+ years of team management experience ( 5+ people) with a progressive increase of responsibility
- Experience hiring and developing ops engineers and software engineers
- Strong understanding of full-stack product development.
- Experience with developer tools and the frustrations that come along with it.
- Experience with performance engineering, capacity planning, scalability, and keeping high traffic systems up in production.
- Strong understanding of IT security, Information security is a bonus.
- Experience leading distributed teams.
- Battle scars and lessons learnt from a range of interesting and scary situations.
- Experience on Kubernetes and/or Terraform is a bonus.
What can you expect from us?
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy
- Clear goal setting together with the product team, based on company-wide OKRs.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Working with a great team in our amazing office employer benefits
- Company-wide events - we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe’s No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer