Head of Product (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 12.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a Product Lead/Head of Product for our HQ in Berlin, with a real focus on our customers and a true passion for running an awesome team of Product Managers & Experts across Europe.
Today, we have 4 customer-facing cross-functional teams focusing on specific customer value propositions such as "Onboarding & Identity", "Business Banking", "Team Expense & Accounting" & "Marketplace Offering".
About your new role:
- Run day-to-day product operations while organizing, growing and leading agile product teams who strive to constantly deliver customer value.
- Lead, coach & develop a team of a growing number of Product Managers working across our different cross-functional teams.
- Drive the Product Team's data-driven decision making framework and make it actionable for both existing & new team members.
- Work directly with the CPO on setting the right 3-6 months goals for the product organisation.
- Over the next months, you also will be in charge of hiring & leading a wider team of Product Operations & User Researchers.
Work together with our engineering leadership team and product managers on constantly improving our agile processes (Tech, Product & Design) together with dedicated Scrum Masters to achieve our goal of continuous delivery.
- Support & oversee the teams' execution of their 3-6 months roadmaps by increasing transparency, removing blockers and reducing dependencies.
- Help the product teams to set clear and measurable goals and support the achievement of these goals by building up & following common processes.
- Empower the teams by providing them with best-practices and ensuring that learnings are shared across the organisation.
- Contribute to our customer-driven product development principles and help the team apply them in their day-to-day operations.
External Communication (20%)
Be the common interface towards the rest of the organisation to give updates & outlooks on the next steps of our product and challenges we face.
- Support the company by sharing our internal knowledge to a wider, external community of product experts.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
Leadership & Experience
You have led multiple agile product teams simultaneously in a software startup before and see listening to others as an integral part of your success.
- You have German and English skills at level C1 or above.
- You agree that building a product without measuring & looking for the right metrics is close to playing Russian Roulette.
- You are an expert on SMEs and understand that their needs, in many cases, substantially differentiate from retail customers.
- Preferably, you have prior experience working in a Fintech environment.
- Experience working in SaaS companies is preferable.
You understand the upsides & downsides of agile methodologies.
- You can easily navigate a scale-up environment where you need to support your team on making the right decisions.
- You were involved in the roll-out of a product across multiples countries and languages.
- Strong technical knowledge which allows you to facilitate & challenge technical decisions.
- As we have offices in three locations, frequent travelling will be part of this leadership role.
What can you expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package with ESOP after the probation period has ended.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.