Product Operations Lead (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 12.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a Product Operations Lead for our HQ in Berlin, with a focus on helping our product, design & data teams scale.
The mission of the Penta product team is to provide our customers with new products & improvements to save them time & money with their banking & expense management process. In order to scale our product organisation, we need to be able to consistently improve our product processes and set the product (incl. design & data) team up for scale. You will be in charge of this.
About your new role:
Document, measure & refine
- You'll lead the improvement of our internal product processes (e.g. our customer feedback loop time).
- You'll be in charge of consistently measuring core KPIs of our product development lifecycles to have a data-driven understanding of our efficiency.
- You'll be responsible for setting up new processes with various stakeholders where there are no processes today and you will have the full power to consistently improve them.
- You will be closely working together with the Product Leadership team to standardise, maintain & share our internal product principles.
Automate & communicate
- You'll be in charge of standardising, improving & automating as many internal processes as possible across multiple functions to increase the productivity (e.g. bug-reporting).
Educate & collaborate
- You'll be in charge to build up a reporting system that allows key stakeholders to better understand key metrics of the product, design & data teams. Both process & product metrics.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining our internal knowledge base across the company and adapting it to our team members' needs.
- You'll be responsible for making sure that each existing and new team member has access to the right material & sessions in their onboarding time.
As a quasi-"Chief of Staff" in the product team, you'll be attending all key product leadership meetings and will have to ensure the delivery of key initiatives together with the CPO.
- You will be tasked with setting up new projects/products from scratch and closely align with the respective execution teams. These projects can be customer-, partner- or internal-facing.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
- You are an all-round talent who is able to easily navigate between new projects and existing process.
- You have a proven track-record in implementing new processes within scaling organisations.
- You are an expert in communicating within a larger organization and have experience in working in a product-driven organisation.
- You agree that setting up a process without obsessing on measuring & looking for the right metrics is close to playing Russian Roulette.
- Product management tools like Jira and Confluence and usual office tools such as Excel and Powerpoint are part of your skillset.
- You are skilled in operating in an agile environment and have experience in following best-practices when it comes to agile management.
- You have previous experience in working as an analyst/associate in an investment bank, consulting company or fast-scaling growth startup.
- You are able to use your SQL skills to tackle larger and more complex problems whenever needed.
- Preferably, you have prior experience in working in a Fintech environment or in a company who was working together with other Fintech companies.
- As we have offices in three locations, frequent travelling will be part of this role.
What you can expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the FinLeap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.