Senior Node.js Developer (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution into Penta. More than 6000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly. We are building up a talented international team to grow the product and expand in Europe.
Be part of our journey to become Europe's most wanted business bank account!
We're looking for bold, ambitious individuals to shake up business banking with us. You love working in teams and truly believe that only by working together you can reach the best results. You should have a minimum of 5 years of working experience (or equivalent) in Node.js. Having worked in a FinTech company is a major plus, as is experience in running your own business.
What will make you succeed?
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
What will keep you challenged?
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
What can you expect from us?
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy
- Clear goal setting together with the product team, based on company-wide OKRs
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs
- Working with a great team in our amazing office employer benefits
- Company-wide events - we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem
- Choice of computer
- Personal learning budget
- Ability to travel between our offices in Berlin and Belgrade.