Senior Product Manager (Accounting) (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 17.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager for our HQ in Berlin, with a focus on our business customers' needs when it comes to integrating their banking & accounting.
Today, we have 4 customer-facing cross-functional teams focusing on specific customer value propositions such as "Onboarding & Identity", "Business Banking", "Team Expense & Accounting" & "Marketplace Offering".
About your new role:
Customer Research (50%)
We follow an agile process and spend most of our time truly understanding our customers’ needs before developing even the first line of code.
- You will be responsible for providing our customers and their tax accountants with a strong proposition which allows them to save time & money and as a consequence need to really understand their needs inside out.
You will be working on collecting customer requirements & translating them into requirements to ensure a predictable and consistent delivery of all features.
Partner Research & Management (20%)
You will be talking directly to our existing portfolio of accounting & bookkeeping partners and build up the relationship with new partners, such as DATEV and tax advisors.
- You will be the key point of contact to investigate new product offerings together with our suite of partners.
- You will be investigating their technical offering and will be scoping integration plans during product development.
Technical Delivery (30%)
You’ll be working together with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and other stakeholders to deliver products which deliver value to our customers on a daily basis.
- You'll be in charge of writing technical requirements for new integrations and improvements for existing integrations.
- You'll be ensuring the timely delivery by working together with your cross-functional team.
- You'll be in charge of measuring key KPIs and guiding your team towards their achievement.
- You will have to lead the necessary agile ceremonies and ensure that your team members become experts in the respective fields.
- Additionally, you will be in constant conversations with our marketing and customer relations team to ensure that everybody is in the loop for new iterations of the product and so that the product releases make a big impact for our customers.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
- You have a proven track-record as a product manager in a software startup focused on accounting/receipt management/travel management/taxes/bookkeeping.
- You are an expert on SMEs and understand that their needs in many cases substantially differentiate from retail customers.
- PSD2, XS2A, AISP, PISP, GoBD are not only buzzwords for you but you are familiar with them and have a very strong general understanding of accounting/taxes best practices in the German market.
- You agree that building a product without obsessing on measuring & looking for the right metrics is close to playing Russian Roulette.
- Preferably, you have prior experience in working in a Fintech environment or in a company who was working together with other Fintech companies.
- You can succinctly explain complex accounting and technical processes to a wide variety of people, tailoring the message to the audience.
- You are fluent in German.
- You can easily understand APIs (REST, XML, etc.) from other partners and can transform customer requirements into concrete, clear and concise technical requirements taking into consideration best-practice product management skills.
- OAuth 2.0 and industry-standard authentication methods are familiar to you.
- You have worked in a setup where you were involved in the roll-out of a product across multiples countries and languages.
- As we have offices in three locations and not all our partners sit in Berlin, frequent travelling will be part of this role.
What you can expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the FinLeap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.