Senior Product Manager (Onboarding) (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 12.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager (Onboarding) for our HQ in Berlin, with a focus on creating the best onboarding (account application & creation experience) for our business customers.
Today, we have 4 customer-facing cross-functional teams focusing on specific customer value propositions such as "Onboarding & Identity", "Business Banking", "Team Expense & Accounting" & "Marketplace Offering".
About your new role:
Product Management (40%)
- You’ll be working together with a cross-functional team of product owners, designers & developers and other stakeholders to deliver value to our account application journey on a daily basis.
- You'll be in charge of clearly defining & executing the Product Vision for the Onboarding product.
- You'll be ensuring the timely delivery by working together with your cross-functional team in an agile fashion.
- You'll be responsible for bringing our market-leading SME onboarding experience to mobile devices.
Partner Management (30%)
You will be responsible for working together with our existing KYC & KYB partners and specify the delivery of further product improvements & innovations.
- You will be responsible for exploring business opportunities with new identification partners to support Penta's ongoing explosive customer growth.
- You will be responsible for negotiating new SLAs with our existing partners as well as with new partners.
- You will be responsible for working together with other internal stakeholders on forecasting our growth numbers in order to properly load-balance the customer volumes for our partners.
Internal alignment (20%)
- Close collaboration with our marketing team to take initiatives to decrease our Cost of Customer Acquisition.
- Close collaboration with our CRM team to decrease the amount of customer support tickets created throughout the onboarding process.
Data Analysis, visibility & forecasting (10%)
- You will be responsible for providing your team members and the entire company with a real-time visibility on our onboarding performance incl. developing together with your team future predictions.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
- You have a proven track-record as a product manager in a software startup with a strong focus on conversion rate optimization and customer identification/fraud prevention.
- You have led a cross-functional team before.
- You are an expert on SMEs and understand that their needs in many cases substantially differentiate from retail customers.
- KYC/KYB/AML/PSD2 are not only buzzwords to you but you are familiar with them and have a very strong general understanding of the regulatory environments and requirements in the German and other European markets.
- You agree that building a product without obsessing on measuring (in particular, cohort analyses) & looking for the right metrics is close to playing Russian Roulette.
- You enjoy using the data provided from tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar, etc. and embed them in your day-to-day decision making process.
- Preferably, you have prior experience in working in a Fintech environment or in a company who was working together with other Fintech companies where the onboarding process plays/played a key role in the product.
- You can easily understand APIs & other technical terms (REST, XML, etc.) and feel comfortable in a technology-driven environment.
- You are skilled in operating in an agile environment.
- You have worked in a setup where you were involved in the roll-out of a product across multiples countries and languages.
- As we have offices in three locations, frequent travelling will be part of this role.
What you can expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the FinLeap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.