Senior Product Manager (Pricing, Billing, Monetization) (f/m/div)
At Penta we're on a mission to simplify business banking, allowing business owners to focus on the things they really love. They can open a bank account online in minutes, get debit cards for employees, send affordable foreign transfers and easily integrate their accounting solution with Penta. More than 12.000 businesses use Penta today and we are growing quickly.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager (Pricing, Billing, Monetization) for our HQ in Berlin, with a focus on our business customers' needs when it comes to billing.
Today, we have 4 customer-facing cross-functional teams focusing on specific customer value propositions such as "Onboarding & Identity", "Business Banking", "Team Expense & Accounting" & "Marketplace Offering".
About your new role:
Product Management (70%)
- You’ll be working together with a cross-functional team of product owners, designers & developers and other stakeholders to deliver value to our charging/billing journey on a daily basis.
- You'll be in charge of clearly defining & executing the Product Vision for the Charging & Billing product.
- You'll be ensuring the timely delivery by working together with your cross-functional team in an agile fashion.
- You'll be responsible for shaping up our internal charging infrastructure and provide it to our SME end-customers as useful product.
Internal alignment (20%)
- Close collaboration with our finance team to setup & improve processes for charging & billing.
- Close collaboration with our CRM team to decrease the amount of customer support tickets created throughout the user journey.
- Close collaboration with our sales & key account team to provide them with the required flexibility when it comes to providing customers with a great experience.
- Close collaboration with other product teams to provide them with an easy-to-use charging/billing infrastructure.
Data Analysis, visibility & forecasting (10%)
- You will be responsible for providing your team members and the entire company with a real-time visibility on our billing performance incl. developing together with your team future predictions.
What do we expect from you?
- Our customers are not retail customers but SMEs with 1-100 employees who are the economic backbone of all European markets. For too long, they had to deal with clunky, intransparent banks and financial products. To change this unacceptable status quo, we at Penta need to be bold, ambitious and crazy every single day. And that's also what's expected from every single team member.
- You have a proven track-record as a product manager in a software startup with a strong focus on billing, charging, invoicing and monetisation.
- You have led a cross-functional team before.
- You are an expert on SMEs and understand that their needs in many cases substantially differentiate from retail customers.
- You have proven experience in building internal tools & services.
- You have proven that you are able to offer previously internal products to end-customers and monetise them.
- You agree that building a product without obsessing on measuring (in particular, cohort analyses) & looking for the right metrics is close to playing Russian Roulette.
- You enjoy using the data provided from tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, Mixpanel, Hotjar, etc. and embed them in your day-to-day decision making process.
- You can easily understand APIs & other technical terms (REST, XML, etc.) and feel comfortable in a technology-driven environment.
- You are skilled in operating in an agile environment.
- You have worked in a setup where you were involved in the roll-out of a product across multiples countries and languages in close collaboration with Finance Teams.
- As we have offices in three locations, frequent travelling will be part of this role.
What you can expect from us?
- A strong remuneration package.
- High degree of autonomy paired with a flat hierarchy.
- Great office atmosphere and the ability to change the way banking works for SMEs.
- Company-wide events: we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the FinLeap family, Europe's No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer - Mac/Windows.
- Personal learning budget.